What is Federal Work-Study?

Federal Work-Study (FWS) is a program for undergraduate and graduate students to work on a part time basis up to twenty hours a week. It is based on your financial need and is evaluated through your financial aid awards. To be eligible you must have filled your FAFSA form by March 10th and be eligible for the Federal Pell Grant program.

How do I apply for Federal Work-Study?

Federal work study is part of your financial aid awards. It requires that you have filed a FAFSA form by March 10th each year. Once you are awarded a designated amount that can be used each semester as the limit to your earnings. You begin the process by speaking to the Financial Aid department.

At Crossroads, where can I find work-study jobs?

Work-Study is based on your qualifications for it and then how much Crossroads has available to fund work study students. A variety of jobs are available in these areas.

What type of jobs are available?

Here are some of the categories that we fill positions from once you apply:


Front Desk, Receptionist





Interviews are conducted after you fill out the application.

What is the hourly rate for Work-Study?

The rate of pay can vary based on the type of work, skills needed or responsibilities. All jobs must be offered at minimum wage or above.

How will I be paid? Can I use my earnings only for school?

Crossroads pays it's FWS students bi-weekly. It's your money to help you reduce your cost of education. You can use the earnings any way you choose. The goal is to finish your education. The purpose of the program is to help you get to graduation.

Work-Study job application form.

Application Form


Flexible schedules
Keep our student debt lower
Minimize your transportation costs by working on campus. (not offered at all campuses).
May be tax exempt from Social Security.
Your FWS earnings are excluded in your financial eligibility for the following year.