To Glorify God by Training Christian Leaders to Reach a Multiethnic Urban World for Christ

Financial Aid FAQ

How do I Apply for Financial Aid?

To apply for a Scholarship, Pell Grant, or State Grant, you must complete the following three steps:

1. Complete a FAFSA form. You may complete the form online at If applying online, please use our school code 034567 to enable us to receive your application. Students (and parents) are required to use the I.R.S. Data Retrieval Tool on the Financial Information tab of the FAFSA as required by the Federal Government.

2. Complete the Crossroads Office of Financial Aid Scholarship Application, if a student is desiring consideration for our scholarship program.

3. If you are awarded a Scholarship, Pell Grant, or State Grant, you will be notified through Populi, Crossroads’ College Management System. You will be required to accept the scholarship upon approval from the committee or communicate within seven days of receipt if you do not want the award.

What is the Financial Aid Process?

Beginning here may seem confusing, but we’ll help you keep it simple. There are several ways to find funding for your education.

1. Federal Grants (Pell and SEOG) are applied to all eligible accounts.

2. Direct Loans (Subsidized and Unsubsidized) are applied once Federal Grants are applied to accounts.

3. State Grants (Higher Education Award—HEA and Freedom of Choice—FOC, 21st Century Scholars) are applied to eligible accounts.

4. Scholarships and discounts from Crossroads Bible College are applied to your account only after all Federal and State Grants have been applied.

Are there Deadlines to get Financial Aid?

The FAFSA deadline is March 1st. All Crossroads scholarship applications and supporting documents must be submitted to the College’s Financial Aid Office by July 15th for the Fall semester and December 1st for the Spring semester.

Preference will be given to those students whose application is received by the above dates. Applications received after these dates will be considered as funds are available.

Important Deadlines.

What, How, When: FAFSA Questions

1. What is FAFSA?

FAFSA stands for The Free Application for Federal Student Aid, a form that determines how much a family qualifies for student aid. Federal loans are money that is loaned to the student but must be repaid. The FAFSA can qualify you for other aid.

2. Did CBC get my FAFSA?

May we ask you a question first? Did you apply to CBC? If you have submitted all your paperwork and are on track for being admitted, then we import your FAFSA to Populi. If you are in student orientation, then contact our financial aid office to make sure we imported. Please use an email to get confirmation.

If you’ve filled out all the information and submitted it online, but you don’t see the results showing up in Populi, there is no need to be alarmed. The FAFSA generates a report that we get behind the scenes.

3. What did I qualify for?

Once you are a student it’s posted on Populi. Please check there to find out how much you are eligible for from the FAFSA before calling the office.

4. How do I accept a loan?

See information at the bottom of your FAFSA application.

Apply by filling out a FAFSA form. For more details, please contact the College’s Financial Aid Office.

What Grants are Available?

Federal Grants (PELL SEOG)

Federal grants are free and do not need to be repaid. Not all students qualify for the Pell and SEOG grants. Pell Grants are based on a 600% Lifetime Eligibility

State Grants

State grants are also free and do not need to be repaid. State grant amounts are based upon federal income-tax information. You must complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) form and return it by March 1 to qualify for state grants. Log on to estudent at for State Grant award information.

Students will be required to meet GPA requirements. All state and federal aid is granted according to need based on your federal income tax information. The dollar value of federal and state grants credited to your account will depend on the number of credit hours you are taking. If you withdraw from school after the add/drop period, you will be held responsible for the payment of the balance.

What about Scholarships?

Check out our scholarships on our scholarship page.

What Veteran Benefits Can I Use?

Eligible veterans and/or their spouses and dependents can receive educational benefits through the Veterans Administration. Veterans who wish to use these benefits should obtain the necessary forms and instructions from the nearest office of Veterans Affairs. Students receiving veteran’s benefits will be reimbursed directly by the Veterans Administration under a special reimbursement policy. For more details, please contact the College’s Financial Aid Office.

What is Work Study?

Taking out the trash and cleaning offices and the facilities of CBC are done by work-study recipients. Scholarships for work-study students who will be assigned to work in various departments of the College are available. Contact the Financial Aid office for more details or check out our Work Study Page.

Take the Next Step to Preparing to Serve Effectively!