Last night, the President of the United States delivered his State of the Union address. Also last night, the Governor of Indiana delivered his State of the State address. Today, in this blog post, I want to share with you my State of the Crossroads Bible College address.
CBC’s Unique Mission, Vision, Passion, and Focus
I wish you could join me in a class where Professor Lilly Park (now Dr. Park!) equips African American students, Caucasian students, Burmese students, and many others in multicultural biblical counseling. What a joy! Through our multiethnic setting and collaborative strategic partnerships with churches and para-church groups, we’re equipping students:
To implement in our multiethnic urban world what they are learning in our CBC classroom.
There has never been a greater time to train Christian leaders to reach a multiethnic urban world for Christ. We are passionate about looking forward to how God will use CBC to advance His kingdom over the next five years! Our brand promise is that students will be equipped to make disciples of all ethnicities by a highly-qualified multiethnic faculty and staff modeling Matthew 28:18-20; Galatians 3:28; and Revelation 7:9-10.
Every evangelical Bible college desires to have a multiethnic student body. At Crossroads Bible College, this is more than our desire; it is our DNA. For over two decades, Crossroads has equipped a multiethnic student body for multiethnic urban ministry. (Our student body is 59% Black, 24% White, 8% Asian, 3% International, 3% Hispanic, 2% Unknown, 1% Two or More “Races.”)
We not only serve a multiethnic student body; it is our mission to equip all our students for elite leadership in multiethnic urban ministry.
Our vision is to be a multiethnic urban equipping center for churches, para-church groups, and other higher education institutions. Join our unique vision.
Our passion is to equip our students to transform urban communities with Christ’s changeless truth.
Our 2016-and-beyond laser focus freshly captures our two-decade commitment to equip leaders embedded in the church and engaged with their community.
10 CBC Forward-Looking Initiatives
The following ten initiatives reflect CBC’s laser focused vision for the future.
1. Catalytic Community Engagement: Over the next five years, our Institutional Strategic Plan (ISP) calls for us to be a catalytic resource for multiethnic urban ministry for the global church by equipping leaders to take the church to the streets. To accomplish this goal, we will lead strategic training on Urban Leadership: Taking the Church to the Streets, and we seek to produce written resources such as Biblical Counseling in Our Multiethnic World—a new book co-authored by Dr. Ware, Dr. Kellemen, and Dr. Park.
2. Increased Church Partnerships: Over the next five years, our ISP calls for us to implement the I-65/I-69 Church & Para-Church Partnership Plan focused on equipping leaders who are embedded in the church; engaged with the community. To accomplish this goal, we seek to establish partnership relationships with two dozen church/para-church partners.
3. Targeted Student Scholarships: Over the next five years, our ISP calls for us to be a premier evangelical Bible college in equipping elite leaders for innovative church and para-church multiethnic urban ministry. To accomplish this goal, we seek to target and scholarship a select group of students who will make a unique impact on our multiethnic urban world.
4. Recruitment/Retention Staffing: Over the next five years, our ISP calls for us to grow our student body by 50%. To accomplish this goal, we seek to hire a Dean of Enrollment Management, recruiters, retention specialists, and site directors.
5. Stewardship Staffing: Over the next five years, our ISP calls for us to staff and fund a multi-year capital campaign to double our reserves and increase donor giving 50%. To accomplish this goal, we seek to hire a CFO and increase staffing in the Office of the President and Institutional Advancement, allowing the President to commit 50% of his time to donor relationships.
6. Presidential Transition Staffing: Over the next five years, our ISP calls for us to begin a Presidential Transition to inspire confidence that our mission transcends current leadership. To accomplish this goal, we seek a new strategic hire to be mentored as CBC’s next President.
7. Enhanced/Innovative 21st Century Educational Tools: Over the next five years, our ISP calls for us to improve our educational capacity. To accomplish this goal, we seek to outfit main campus and site location rooms as Smart Rooms (including video learning between locations), increase digital library offerings, improve assessment tools, and annually upgrade our website.
8. Enriched Online Studies: Over the next five years, our ISP calls for us to develop, fund, and staff a best-practice online studies plan. To accomplish this goal, we seek to divide the Dean of Educational Services (ES) role into two positions: Dean of Online Studies and Dean of ES.
9. ABHE Accreditation: Over the next five years, our ISP calls for us to achieve 10-Year ABHE accreditation reaffirmation and to implement a comprehensive system of ongoing assessment, planning, and compliance. To accomplish this goal, we seek to divide the Dean of Educational Services (ES) role into two positions: Dean of Online Studies and Dean of ES.
10. Upgraded Facilities: Over the next five years, our ISP calls for us to upgrade our facilities for increased student learning. To accomplish this goal, we seek to upgrade electrical/WiFi, install new doors for students with disabilities, update security, remodel the kitchen, gym, bathrooms, and sanctuary, upgrade the grounds, install new signage, and reseal/resurface the parking lot.
Partner with Us in Our Unique Calling from Christ
I pray that you are excited as I am about the present and the future ministry of Crossroads Bible College. If you would like to learn more about how you can partner with us, please contact me at The Office of the President: 317-789-8247, firstname.lastname@example.org. And, if you would like to be a steward of CBC’s calling from Christ, we invite you to join us in giving by visiting our giving page on our newly redesigned CBC web site here.