Christian Service is an integral part of the educational program at Crossroads. Field experience builds the foundation for graduate to serve with distinction in the ministries where God calls them to serve Him. Students use a variety of volunteer hours from church ministry to other non-profit work. Students complete the requirement in their Christian Service Course at the conclusion on the academic term.
For more information, students should contact their academic advisor.
Crossroads strongly encourages students to be connected with and accountable to a local body of believers. We have students who attend a wide variety of churches. Here are some of the churches that are supportive of Crossroads.
CHRISTIAN SERVICE OBJECTIVES
- To provide opportunity for students to apply the Word of God and principles that they are learning in ministry to others.
- To promote awareness of student’s gifts and abilities and increase their effectiveness through evaluation and counsel.
- To involve students in ministries that provides a variety and progression of experience to complement their field of study.
- To develop qualities of Christian character including: teamwork, responsibility, and faithfulness.
- To encourage a close relationship and meaningful involvement with a local church which God has ordained (1 Timothy 3; 5:17-20; I Thessalonians 5:12-13; Hebrews 13:7, 17).
REACHING THE OBJECTIVES
Three essential ingredients in a student’s preparation at CBC are:
- Education: The primary purpose of the educational program at CBC is to prepare men and women for selected ministry vocations. Christian Service seeks to bridge the gap between classroom instruction and practical application of the Word.
- Experience: Christian Service serves as a means of growth for the student in their personal and spiritual development. Christian Service will take students to the streets, homes, churches, hospitals, and prisons where they must learn to relate the truth of God’s Word to people who need Christ and believers who need encouragement. Practical experience is available in two major areas:
- Church Related Ministries: Word of Life Clubs, Sunday School Teacher or Assistant, Junior Choir, Visitation, Youth Work, AWANA, Bible Clubs, Discipleship, Pastor or Assistant, Music Director or Song Leader, Church Secretary, Custodial Work, Drama, Campus Ministry, Prison Ministry, etc.
- Para-Church Organizations: Rest Homes, Street Witnessing, Gospel Teams, Music, etc.